Monday, February 2, 2009

WOW..I really thought the Cardinals were gonna win the Superbowl..LOL






Last night was Superbowl XL III played in Tampa, Florida. The Pittsburgh Steelers faced off against the Arizona Cardinals.

(photo from espn.com) Now Ms. Opinion is a bit superstitious. I know ..I know..silly right? but I can't help it. The mix of the Puerto Rican and West Indian heritage you know they were gonna instill that foolishness in me from young. Anyhow..so this past Monday I passed by my father's job after dropping my son off to school. In the parking lot there is an AC vent system in this sort of cage. So I'm sitting in my Dad's car and see this pretty red bird. I asked my father what type of bird it was figuring with the amount of the Discovery Channel he watches he would definitely know what it was. So he says duh it's a cardinal. Odd I guess that I had never seen a cardinal, but I really can't recall ever seeing one before then (and I have an EXCELLENT memory). So this Cardinal is trapped in the cage where the AC vent is. I mean he obviously got in there somehow, but he couldn't remember how I guess and this poor bird started panicking. I was worried sitting there that at any moment this AC fan was going to turn on and this bird was going to be ripped to shreds and that s something I was not interested in seeing as I sipped my decaf white chocolate mocha early in he morning so I asked my dad to get the key and let it out. Right before my father came back to let the Cardinal out I guess the silly bird remembered where the hole was and flew out in freedom.


Now you are probably wondering why I told you this odd story about my Cardinal encounter. Well...when I got home I told my hubby the same story and he said maybe it's a sign. That I should put money on the Cardinals in the Superbowl. Truthfully once the Jets, then Giants were out of the running I lost interest and didn't even know what teams were playing in the Superbowl this year. So when he mentioned Cardinals I thought wow maybe that is a sign.



Well when the Cardinals came back with a 64-yard touchdown from Warner to Fitzgerald with 2:37 left in the 4th quarter I was certain that that was it. That this was the cardinal finding the hole and flying to freedom and well victory for the Superbowl and started cursing myself for forgetting about the Superbowl pool he has every year at work and not putting any money down. Glad I didn't, because if you saw the game you saw the last touchdown made by the Steelers with 35 seconds left in the fourth. Now all in all this was a really good game... alot of action and excitement. The cardinals definitely gave a good fight and I mean every time you though they were down they rose to the occasion. Kind of like Kurt Warner's story ... I am glad Holmes got MVP, he definitely deserved it. Glad I watched*



On another note..Jennifer Hudson sang the National Anthem before the game began. This is something I ALWAYS look forward to watching. I thought that Faith Hill's version of "America the Beautiful" was whack! but Jennifer Hudson really did her thing and she didn't try to over sing it either like alot of artists do. She was definately a little shaky before starting and looked a whole lot of nervous but she pulled it together and did a great job for her first public appearance since the horribe tragedies in her personal life with the death of her mother, sister, and nephew only a short time ago. God Bless her*

(photo taken from accesshollywood.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment